Progressive Power Lab (PPL) incubates and manages non-profit and for-profit start-ups that move millions of people and dollars into action for progressive causes. Our portfolio companies and partners provide technology, training, and strategy for the field efforts of Center for Popular Democracy, Children International, Humane Society of the U.S. and other crucial organizations; they raise millions of dollars each year for the fight against family separation and human rights; and they create new financing techniques to help progressive non-profits scale quickly.
The Family of PPL Organizations includes:
- The Progressive Multiplier – The Progressive Multiplier offers diverse grants and financing options to progressive nonprofits to help them test and scale their fundraising efforts.
- Membership Drive – Membership Drive provides cutting edge technology, training, and strategy to progressive non-profits to build their fundraising and political canvasses. Our MapSimply app is available on the Salesforce AppExchange; additional organizing and canvassing toolsets are under development.
Progressive Power Lab seeks an experienced Chief Financial Officer to ensure the financial success of our company and its family of organizations as we innovate and grow.
PPL’s portfolio of companies is expecting 50% financial growth and substantially more growth in the impact we make in 2020 and beyond. To get ahead of this anticipated growth, expanding program, and increased compliance and accounting requirements, PPL seeks a CFO who can both roll up their sleeves to do the day to day work and provide the strategic leadership needed now and in the future.
At Progressive Power Lab, you will be rewarded for taking initiative. We are team-oriented, mission-driven, and passionate about innovating at the cutting edge of technology and finance to advance progressive causes.
- Serve as an internal consultant to the CEO, management teams and boards of partner organizations, and other key stakeholders on all financial matters, making recommendations and suggesting proactive strategies to enable PPL partners to improve performance and scale successfully;
- Ensure that PPL and partner organizations meet critical regulatory and legal compliance benchmarks with regard to audits, data security, tax filings such as Form 990s, campaign finance laws; OFAC requirements related to grantmaking, and 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) restrictions;
- Provide oversight for and manage all budgets, forecasts and internal financial plans and processes;
- Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as needed to monitor, evaluate and optimize cash flow and liquidity;
- Establish and manage grant management systems to track grant revenue and grantmaking activity;
- Support accounting, general ledger and operations functions, ensuring that systems are in place to guarantee timeliness and accuracy;
- Create financial due diligence guidelines for grantmaking, evaluate the financials of grant applicants, and serve on the three-person investment committee for the Progressive Multiplier’s grantmaking;
- Explore and suggest how PPL can invest its reserves and resources to generate passive income;
- Review short and long-term goals in light of existing and projected financial resources;
- Create data-based long and short term goals, budgets and forecasts;
- Establish annual priorities and benchmarks and conduct regular reporting, measuring projections against actual performance;
- Build relationships with banks, donors, vendors, outside consultants and others as needed to keep close to PPL’s major expenditures and sources of revenue;
- Use technology to optimize all reporting and analytical functions;
- Build a top-tier internal finance team by actively recruiting, training and developing talented consultants, auditors, tax planners and staff, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management
- MBA or CPA
- Minimum 5 years’ senior financial leadership experience in non-profit or for-profit organizations; experience in both nonprofits and for-profits preferred
- 10 years’ experience accounting/finance experience
- Experience integrating IT/Systems to improve accounting productivity and accuracy
- Experience working with external auditors, compliance and regulatory oversight
- Experience with change leadership and change management
- Strong motivational and staff leadership abilities
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Sense of humor, integrity, personal sense of accountability
- Knowledge of Office Suite and Excel and familiarity with software like Salesforce, Xero, and Quickbooks
Progressive Power Lab is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically disenfranchised populations are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chief Financial Officer” in the subject line.
For more information, please visit the sites of our projects, www.progressivemultiplier.fund and www.membershipdrive.com.