The Organization – The Duke Endowment
Since 1924, The Duke Endowment has worked to help people and strengthen communities in North Carolina and South Carolina by nurturing children, promoting health, educating minds and enriching spirits.
Located in Charlotte, N.C., the Endowment seeks to fulfill the visionary genius and
innovative legacy of James Buchanan Duke, one of the great industrialists and philanthropists of the 20th century.
The Endowment has awarded more than $4 billion in grants since its inception. With assets of $3.8 billion in 2019, the Endowment is one of the nation’s largest 501(c)(3) private foundations.
For more information on the Endowment, please visit the website.
The long-term goal of the Health Care program area is to drive improvements in the health status of Carolinians and to reduce health disparities. Their two strategies are outlined below:
· Improve community health by advancing programs and policies that promote healthy lifestyles.
· Enhance patient care by developing and testing innovative practices or models that have potential for scale and sustainability.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Program Analyst to join The Duke Endowment team to help strengthen the Health Care program area’s focus on accelerating innovations and reform of the health care system through the development of new strategies to support emerging topics. The Program Analyst will be responsible for conducting due diligence in the grantmaking process and analyzing the impact of grantmaking strategies. They will also have the opportunity to prepare and share findings with Endowment Trustees and represent the Endowment at meetings with grantees and at relevant conferences and meetings.
- Monitor and help evaluate the progress and effectiveness of ongoing healthcare initiatives; work with the Health Care and Evaluation teams to identify areas for improvement and provide actionable recommendations to optimize outcomes.
- Support program officers to compile and present detailed reports, data visualizations, and presentations that communicate the progress and impact of funding strategies.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends, best practices, and innovations in the healthcare sector, leveraging this knowledge to support the Health Care team’s strategy development and decision-making.
- Support the Health Care team as they conduct comprehensive analyses of proposed healthcare initiatives and projects, including financial feasibility, sustainability, and the potential impact on targeted communities.
- Collaborate with the Health Care and Communications teams to ‘tell the story’ of Health Care’s grantmaking, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Collaborate with the Health Care team to ensure relevant data is captured and analyzed to demonstrate progress toward reducing health care disparities.
- Prepare research summaries and reports to share with various audiences, including Endowment Trustees and other program areas.
- Support program staff with the coordination of ongoing technical assistance and implementation support for established initiatives and future multi-site pilots and demonstrations.
- Participate in intra-Endowment committees and special projects as appropriate.
- Represent the Endowment in relationships with grantees and participate in meetings with other philanthropic organizations at state and national meetings.
- Graduate degree and/or at least two to three years of related experience, preferably in the area of health policy, analyzing population health data, and structuring demonstration programs.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills; ability and drive to analyze and synthesize data, and to organize and process significant interrelated information.
- Experience in developing, maintaining and managing data systems such as Tableau.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Interpersonal skills that will allow the position to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Initiative to contribute and share ideas, and to engage with others to learn from diverse perspectives and opinions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and take initiative to pursue work, assist others and resolve problems and issues.
How To Apply
To make recommendations or to express your interest in this role please apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/2056671
All nominations, inquiries, and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.