The Organization – PEAK Grantmaking
PEAK Grantmaking is a vibrant membership community of more than 7,500 professionals who specialize in grants management for funding organizations and advance shared leadership and learning across the philanthropic sector. PEAK elevates their expertise and fosters collaboration to strengthen the practice of grantmaking, empowering grants management professionals to lead the way in operationalizing equity-centered, values-driven grantmaking practices. We enable philanthropy to achieve its full potential to fuel change for good.
PEAK’s Programs Team works to advance the Principles for Peak Grantmaking and to ensure the organization’s programming, resources, events, and sector convenings encourage funders to adopt improved grantmaking practices and advocate for sector transformation. The Programs and Knowledge Manager plays a vital role in ensuring that PEAK’s mission and values are clearly expressed to our audiences, stakeholders, and community members. As PEAK’s online member community grows, the Programs and Knowledge Manager develops strong educational content with an eye toward growing and nurturing an emergent learning network that supports knowledge of and commitment to practice change in philanthropy.
The Programs and Knowledge Manager employs the skills of content creation, effective speaking and group facilitation, development and delivery of educational content and programming, volunteer leadership engagement, along with curating content complementary to our work and deeply listening to members as resources for content creation. The Programs and Knowledge Manager reports to the Senior Programs and Knowledge Manager.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
- Key duties and responsibilities:
- Community Engagement and Knowledge-Sharing
- Develop and execute a plan for PEAK’s communities of practice and working groups in partnership with the Director and Senior Manager, supporting volunteer leaders with thought leadership as needed
- Highlight and share conversations that demonstrate peer-to-peer sharing and problem solving
- Support organization-wide listening, surveying, and research strategies that collect and share information about our members and the philanthropic sector more broadly
- Serve as Programs Team lead in managing PEAK’s member online discussion forum, partnering with other teams to deliver an effective and user-friendly experience for members
- Utilize community data to drive member engagement efforts and educational content development
- Collaborate with the Membership and Community Engagement Team to support chapter programming, including the creation of specialized resources and delivery of presentations
Work with the Senior Programs and Knowledge Manager to develop and execute a content plan that advances the grants management profession while identifying practice and competency gaps that PEAK needs to address to improve philanthropic practice,
Develop and author educational content for online courses, discussion guides, job aids, toolkits, and other resources
Ensure PEAK’s resources are maintained updated
In partnership with Programs Team members, design and implement strategies for adoption of the Principles for Peak Grantmaking through advanced learning tools, public facing workshops and webinars, PEAK’s annual convening, and engagement with supporters
Collaborate with members of the Programs Team to plan and execute PEAK’s annual convening, including supporting the development of content to be presented
Provide support for emergent learning efforts by listening, surveying, and researching the current and changing states of grants management practices in the field
Support volunteer advisory committees, volunteers, speakers, and consultants tasked with assisting in the development of educational content
Stay connected to philanthropic and nonprofit colleagues, sector trends, and issues to facilitate the development of meaningful strategic partnerships
Programs Management, Execution, and Evaluation
Approach work assignments with an equity lens, and work to build personal knowledge and experience in this area
Promote organization innovation and change by facilitating discussion and collaboration amongst team members
Partner with members of the Programs Team to evaluate the impact of PEAK’s programs and resources on practice change, ensuring relevance and salience, and to identify any gaps that PEAK needs to address to advance operationalizing equity centered, values-driven grantmaking practices
Collaborate regularly with internal teams to develop, manage, and promote content and engage with members
Collaborate regularly with internal teams to implement membership engagement strategies, which includes writing content on programs and products for publications, promotional use, social media, blogs, newsletters, partner convenings, and other outlets
Proactively coordinate with other teams to ensure timely delivery of products and content
Develop strong relationships with new and existing partners and future member organizations by representing PEAK at sector educational and networking events
Ensure that program deliverables are on time, within budget, and of the highest quality
Produce regular work plans and reports that will track progress towards stated program goals and objectives
Collaborate with the Senior Programs and Knowledge Manager to develop and manage programmatic budgets
Supply data for inclusion in PEAK’s board materials and annual reports
Requirements and Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ proven experience within philanthropy, grantmaking practice, and the grantmaking profession
- Understanding of and strong commitment to racial equity and equity and inclusion principles
- Experience developing and delivering learning tools and educational content for an adult audience
- Excellent written and public-speaking communication skills
- Excellent time management, project organization, project management, budgeting, problem-solving, volunteer management, relationship-building, and team-building skills
- Adept at defining scope, communicating with stakeholders, and utilizing project management tools like Asana
- Advanced proficiency using M365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams)
- Experience and proficiency using collaboration apps like Dropbox, Zoom, and Slack
- Adept at learning new technology and working collaboratively with others to enhance user experience
- Approach work assignments with an equity lens, and work to build personal knowledge and experience in this area
- Ability to independently and collaboratively author engaging materials that encourage funders to adopt improved grantmaking practices
- A self-starter who is creative, flexible, and solutions oriented; and knows how to design and implement processes and create opportunities for valuable community engagement
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize and adjust timetables based on demand and other factors, as well as handle new or unplanned projects with agility and flexibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work remotely and engage with a virtual team, as well as work collaboratively and independently on assigned responsibilities
- Ability to travel 20-30% of the time is required; travel for this position could include attending the annual convening, staff retreats, board meetings, and member events
- Possession of valid U.S. work authorization. At this time, PEAK is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment. Therefore, applicants for this position must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States.
A comprehensive salary and benefits package will be offered. The starting salary range for this position is $90,000 – $102,500, commensurate with experience.
Location and Work Environment
This position is fully remote. PEAK staff work at home, on the road, or in a satellite location for all or part of the regular workweek. You will use software and video conferencing to collaborate and stay connected with staff and PEAK members. Equal opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles of PEAK Grantmaking, where employment and promotional opportunities are based on individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category as established under law. PEAK is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. Therefore, PEAK will take any required steps to ensure that candidates with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to fully participate in the job application and interview process. Please submit your requests through the application form. Note that all applicants invited to interview will be provided with a list of questions in advance of meeting with PEAK team members.
Similarly, reasonable accommodation will be made to enable staff members with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment at PEAK.
How To Apply
Use this link to apply for this position: https://forms.gle/adp3Hwy64JSY7tgR9
Please upload your cover letter and résumé, preferably in a single PDF with links.