At the Colorado Health Foundation, we believe that keeping equity at the heart of our work will lead us to better health. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work in communities across Colorado. For example, our cornerstones are designed to help ensure that:
- We serve Coloradans who have low income and have historically had less power or privilege.
- We do everything with the intent of creating health equity.
- We are informed by the community and those we exist to serve.
The Foundation is pleased to announce the opening for a Communications Officer. This role is ideal for a seasoned communications professional to create marketing communications strategies and implement tactics necessary for building influence around our mission to improve the health of Coloradans. Applicants should be highly skilled communications professionals with a demonstrated passion for the power of equitable communications to influence action toward health equity in Colorado.
Ideal candidates will underscore our mission and cornerstones in all you do at the Foundation.
The position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, English or related field.
- A minimum of five years demonstrated experience in creating successful strategies and executing tactics for complex portfolios of communications work that support key goals.
- A minimum of five years demonstrated experience in applying expertise across all current types of marketing communications skills and channels, including but not limited to: writing, editing, website management, social media strategy, email marketing, brand development or oversight, message development, storytelling, and multimedia and video production.
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience working in/managing CRM systems.
- A minimum of five years demonstrated experience in varying types of writing, including simplifying complex information and thinking from an audience-first perspective.
- A minimum of five years demonstrated experience in effective audience identification and engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively in a fast-paced environment under minimal direction.
- Advanced proficiency in AP style, proofreading and copyediting.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- Valid Colorado driver’s license
Ideal candidates will possess:
- The ability to own and manage projects from ideation to execution.
- The ability to effectively multitask and manage competing priorities.
- The ability to work collaboratively and advise cross-functionally in the development and implementation of strategic communications.
- Excellent critical thinking and judgement skills.
- Demonstrated passion for learning, collaboration and diligence for hard work.
- A deep understanding of the communities we serve, including Coloradans living on low income, communities of color and/or and neighborhoods or regions that face equity issues.
- The ability to effectively reach key stakeholders and oversee and manage CHF’s customer relationship management (CRM) system for marketing purposes
- A commitment to creating equitable communications that ensure we are inclusive, diverse and focused on creating health equity through all we do.
- Eagerness, proactivity, flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced setting.
- The ability to quickly and efficiently develop communications that meets project and deadline requirements.
- Final candidates will be asked to complete a communications assignment.
It’s an exciting time to join the Foundation whose assets include a complex investment portfolio valued at approximately $2.6 billion and whose annual grant making is in excess of $100 million. We offer a robust benefit and wellness package, 401(k) match, and generous paid leave programs. The starting range for this position is $78,800 – $92,600, paid as salaried/exempt, and is eligible for all CHF benefits. This is a full-time position in Denver, Colorado with the exception of required travel. We work on a hybrid schedule of three days in-office (required) and two days remote. The Foundation has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for all staff.
How To Apply:
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful impact through their professional contributions. Qualified candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters on the Colorado Health Foundation’s website (www.coloradohealth.org).
This position closes May 18, 2023
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.