All* Above All is a catalyst for abortion justice. We envision a world where abortion care is affordable, available, and supported for everyone who needs it.
How we do it
We build momentum and power by sharing tools, resources and expertise with national, state and local partners.
We shift culture, narrative and public perceptions on issues of abortion.
We move proactive abortion policy at the local, state and federal levels.
We bring partners together to build strength within and across movements.
All* Above All was launched in 2013 as a women of color-led effort to restore and sustain public insurance coverage of abortion. In a few short years, we changed the game by educating policymakers and the public about the harm of these bans, especially for those unable to make ends meet. Working with our 150 organizational partners, we’ve been an accelerator for success across the country, including:
- Introduction of the EACH Act in the U.S. House and Senate.
- Collaborating with Illinois, Maine, and Oregon advocates to lift bans or expand insurance coverage for abortion.
- Sparking cities like Boston, Travis County, and Durham to declare their support for coverage, and others like Austin and New York City to dedicate local funds.
- Ensuring that elected officials from city halls to the White House are committed to ending coverage bans.
- Partnering with economic justice organizations like One Fair Wage to support and pass the D.C. $15 per hour wage increase.
- Increasing public support for lifting the Hyde Amendment to an all-time high of 62%
After years of bold work that centers people of color working to make ends meet, All* Above All expanded its mission and scope in 2021 beyond insurance coverage of abortion to other abortion access issues and strategies.
As we continue our work to lift abortion coverage bans, we are taking on more issues as a catalyst for abortion justice nationwide. We know that race, economic insecurity, and immigration status can multiply the already-massive barriers to abortion care–and that true abortion justice must incorporate racial, economic, and immigrant justice.
We continue to empower a new generation to be bold and take action with our uplifting approach, our cross-movement work, and our digital and grassroots strategies — to ensure that abortion care is there for all of us when we need it.
The Political Strategies Coordinator implements an abortion-centered political and electoral strategy at the state and national level. This position works with national and state organizations and leaders to implement electoral campaigns to increase access to abortion for people of color working to make ends meet, including creating a culture shift with new frames and messages that support abortion justice. As a member of the All* Above All team, they will also participate in campaign-wide events and programs as requested. The position reports to the Senior Political Strategies Manager.
The person holding this position may also work part-time for a coordinated project, All* Above All Action Fund in the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4) organization, under a resource sharing agreement between the New Venture Fund and Sixteen Thirty Fund. The responsibilities under that position will be overseen by Sixteen Thirty Fund.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Implements electoral tactics in key state and federal legislative districts.
- Conducts research on candidates, elections, and debate schedules.
- Works closely with the state strategies team on c3/c4 state partnerships.
- Collaborates with state partners to implement c3/c4 deep canvass programs.
- Coordinates logistics for large ancillary events in election cycles (e.g, briefings, events surrounding debates, Democratic or Republican National Conventions).
- Supports relationship-building with electoral campaign staff in key C4 investment states.
- Implements candidate cultivation strategies, including virtual and in-person C4 events.
- Develops technical assistance and communications resources, such as #AskAboutAbortion social media toolkits for candidate debates.
- Represents All* Above All and the All* Above All Action Fund and its interests/perspectives with national coalitions.
- This position requires travel (up to 50%) to various states and cities as well as Washington, D.C. or New York City for coalition and campaign team meetings.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Senior Political Strategies Manager.
- All employees of NVF are required to complete timesheets.
All* Above All utilizes competencies in evaluating applicants. Task management is the key competency for this position, which is defined as the process of completing and monitoring assigned tasks through their life cycle.
In addition to position-specific competencies outlined above, All* Above All has seven core competencies in the Competency Model. These competencies apply to every employee at every level and include:
- Mission Awareness – Passion for the mission demonstrated through previous experience, personal connection, or desires for the future inclusive of abortion justice as well as racial, reproductive, economic, and immigrant justice.
- Strategy – Moving from vision to implementation by connecting overall strategy to individual goals and tasks while managing the layers of that strategy.
- Collaboration – Working across internal teams and external partners to accomplish goals by establishing trust and connection with diverse stakeholders.
- Communication – Effectively imparting or exchanging information and conveying feelings and ideas.
- Flexibility – Shifting focus or pivoting as needs change while effectively managing competing priorities and multiple tasks and adapting to changing landscape.
- Self-Direction – Ability to work independently and manage individually-assigned work tasks.
- Personality – Combination of qualities that forms a person’s character.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- At least three years of experience in community organizing, grassroots work, voter education and engagement, and/or electoral or issue-based campaigns; a plus is nonprofit experience working in reproductive, immigrant, economic, and/or racial justice.
- Working knowledge and direct experience with running electoral programs, data management, and using voter files.
- Experience with EveryAction and Hustle is a plus.
- A commitment to reproductive justice and ensuring access to abortion for all people.
- A track record of developing and maintaining meaningful working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities; aptitude for working under tight deadlines amidst competing priorities.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-based, participatory environment as well as work autonomously.
- Effective project coordinator with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage up.
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- An understanding of abortion access as an economic, immigrant, and racial justice issue.
- Experience working on issues impacting Black, Indigenous, and people of color; young people; and/or immigrants; or people struggling financially.
- Views culture shift, organizing, and movement building as key components of issue campaigns.
- Strong commitment to centering people of color and striving to be anti-racist.
- Values a shared leadership model.
How To Apply
Submit a resume, cover letter highlighting additional professional or personal experience that informs your qualifications and interest in working at All* Above All, and three references to email@example.com, with subject line: Political Strategies Coordinator.
Deadline for submission: TBD; applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Salary range: $65k
The salary listed is the final offer in consideration of the total compensation package for this position. Additionally, it reflects our compensation philosophy to be equitable in our offers and aligns with responsibilities at the Coordinator level.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 20 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment. All* Above All also offers supplemental benefits like a home office equipment bonus, professional development funds, and paid sabbatical leave.
All* Above All is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.