Our Mission is to celebrate neurodiversity by creating access, cultivating skills, and revolutionizing the workplace for all.
Our Vision is an inclusive workplace where all people have an equal opportunity to thrive.
BroadFutures is revolutionizing the way young, neurodivergent people enter the workforce through an innovative training, mentoring, and paid internship program. We are the only program of our kind in the country. Young, neurodivergent people remain underserved, underrepresented, unsupported by government programs, and at significant risk for failing out of school and not successfully entering the workforce. This need forms the basis of our model and mission to provide access to opportunities and individualized support to ensure young, neurodivergent people reach their potential. In doing so, we also provide employers with a vetted, trained, and motivated talent pool. Since our incorporation in 2013, we have served more than 270 young people directly and hundreds more through our community outreach. We have partnered with over 60 employers, working side by side with our employers to ensure successful internships.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Advancement Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the development process to raise the necessary funds to operate our programs and effectuate key strategic initiatives. The position encompasses a combination of tasks including communications, event planning, overall project management, data review and reporting, and scheduling and coordinating meetings. The major goal of our advancement efforts is to create a more engaged and committed donor base with increasing donor retention.
Donor and Prospect Data
- Manage donor and prospect data to provide the advancement team with the focus to engage each prioritized segment of the donor base in a tailored manner.
- Ensure data is kept up to date and systems to track data are working efficiently.
- Project manage, engage donors and cultivate donors within the segmented donor engagement strategies in collaboration with the BroadFutures team
- Develop, schedule and coordinate donor meetings for the CEO
- Effectuate donor strategies and accountability for engagement of donors not managed by the CEO
- Small group engagements and follow-up
- Annual fall gala and follow-up
- Foundation and business engagement
- Mass communications strategy
- Donor acknowledgement
Planning, Reporting and Accountability
- Project manage revisions and improvements to the annual advancement plan.
- Coordinate and manage monthly Advancement Committee meetings focused on the execution of the annual advancement plan and accountability to annual goals.
- Produce monthly reports for planning and accountability toward progress of annual resource development planning goals.
Communications and Social Media
- Develop an overall and monthly communications plan.
- Oversee, coordinate, and review all BroadFutures communications (newsletters, blasts, donor thank yous, etc)
- Oversee posting of content to BroadFutures’ social media channels
- Coordinate revisions to the fundraising case.
- Coordinate the training and preparation of staff, board, and volunteers for advancement efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. At least 7 years related professional experience in nonprofits, project coordination, communications, marketing, or related work. At least 2 years of experience with nonprofit advancement and fundraising.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the successful development and execution of fundraising campaigns and mass communication strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong creative and organizational skills with the experience of managing multiple concurrent projects at a time.
- Ability to see the big picture while also being highly detail-oriented with an attention to quality.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and propose new ways of creating efficiencies.
- Experience managing others and working collaboratively.
- Experience with management of donor database systems. Specific experience with Bloomerang is a plus.
- Computer skills including spreadsheets, project management software, presentation creation/editing, Canva, and PowerPoint.
- Personal experience with neurodiversity and the disability community is a plus.
Key attributes of a successful Advancement Coordinator:
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the BroadFutures mission.
- Empathetic and considerate of others.
- Entrepreneurial, accountable and a flexible self-starter/
- A people person with confidence to engage with a variety of team members, donors, and business partners.
- A good listener and also a sincere and transparent communicator.
DETAILS & BENEFITS:
BroadFutures is committed to a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. BroadFutures makes reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. Women, non-binary, racially marginalized, LGBTQIA+, neurodivergent, disabled, and other historically oppressed and disenfranchised people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Some positions may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
BroadFutures has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. Staff unable to be vaccinated may request an exemption under certain circumstances.
- $55,000 – $70,000, depending on specific qualifications, experience, and skills.
- Job Type: Full-time, Exempt / Salaried
- Location: Washington, DC (Hybrid model with blended in-office and remote work)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 4 weeks paid vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
- Professional development assistance
- 403(b) retirement plan
Submit your resume and cover letter to BroadFutures at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2022.