The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Inc is a private, non-profit national organization dedicated to finding the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. We fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s core values of compassion, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
The Senior Director, Business Development will provide strategic guidance and direction on forming and cultivating new partnerships with pharmaceutical companies and corporate contributors across the United States to support the Foundation’s mission.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• In collaboration with the Senior Vice President, Business Development, the Senior Director will determine the department’s strategic plan and priorities.
• Develop new relationships with the Foundation’s pharmaceutical partners including: identifying new partnerships, expand existing partnerships into new areas and contract negotiation.
• Manage relationships with the Foundation’s long-standing partners
• Manage two to four Manager(s), Business Development & Cause Marketing
• Provide strategic guidance and direction to Foundation’s field staff regarding relationships with industry
• Support Foundation Business Advisory Committee
• Manage and direct annual budgeting process for Business Development department.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Five to seven years of relevant Business Development experience and/or fundraising
• Familiarity with philanthropic and/or industry best practices
• Proficiency in working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, exercising good
judgment in prioritization.
• Exceptional organization skills.
• Outstanding writing skills to craft compelling proposals and targeted, meaningful
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Two to three years of experience in managing and leading staff.
• Experience with chapter-based organizations preferred.
• Experience with prospect research and pipeline management.
• Proven ability to collaborate with other departments and local chapters.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and CRM.
• Commitment to maintaining integrity of a central database.
How To Apply
*Please follow the link below to submit an online application via the Crohn’s & Colitis Career page.